- 20 sheets (8 oz) phyllo pastry dough (9 x 14-inch)
- ½ cup (5 oz) Challenge Butter, melted
- ½ cup (1 stick) Danish Creamery Butter, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 oz (¾ to 1 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup (5 oz) ricotta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato, chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Allow the unopened package of phyllo dough to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly butter 2 baking sheets.
- Carefully unfold phyllo sheets. Remove one sheet at a time, keeping remaining sheets covered so they do not dry out.
- Cut each phyllo sheet in half, length-wise to form two 4 ½ x 14-inch strips.
- Brush the top surface of each strip lightly with melted butter and fold in half length-wise enclosing the buttered surface.
- Place about ¾ teaspoon of the cheese mixture at the end of each strip. Fold the strip over the filling, bringing the corner to the side; then continue making triangular folds from corner to side – folding the strip like a flag.
- Place the triangles, seam side down on the baking sheet and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Repeat with additional phyllo sheets and remaining filling.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add red pepper and onions and cook until onions are soft.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining 6 Tablespoons of butter. Let cool, then combine with feta and ricotta cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- You can use 10 sheets phyllo pastry (13 x 17-inch) and cut the sheets into four, 4 ¼ x 13-inch strips.