- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons Danish Creamery Butter
- ½ teaspoon minced or pressed garlic (1 clove)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dry white wine (can substitute lemon juice or broth)
- 3 Tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in broth and set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring constantly until they are limp and slightly golden. Add additional ¼ cup butter; allow butter to melt. Whisk broth mixture, lemon juice, and wine into melted butter.
- Continue to cook until sauce thickens. Add capers. Serve sauce over grilled or broiled chicken breasts.
- This buttery lemon sauce is also great over grilled or broiled fish.