- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Danish European Style Butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325ºF degrees.
- Place almonds in a food processor and pulse in short bursts until finely ground.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat to combine. Gradually add flour and ground almonds and beat until well incorporated.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the dough into small 2-inch circles onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Transfer cookies and parchment paper to wire racks and let cool completely.
- For the classic Danish Butter Cookie shape use a Wilton 1M or Ateco 827 open star piping tip.